There are two ways to enable it:
1. Enabling the telnet client using command line:
Please open cmd with administrator right then issue the following command:
dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:TelnetClient
2. Enabling the telnet client through the graphical user interface
- Right click the start button and select “Programs and Features”.
- Select “Turn Windows features on or off” from the menu on the left.
- The Windows Features window should open, scroll down and select “Telnet Client”.
- Click the OK button to proceed, this will display a screen while the changes apply.
- When complete it will display as below, you can now close the window.