Here is the case you can bump into this error:
- You create a dynamic web project
- Config tomcat as required
- You start the tomcat server inside eclipse
- To check if the server run well or not you browse: http://localhost:8080/
Now you may got the following error:
How to fix this error ?
- Open the views “Servers“, right click into the server you created, select Properties
- Click “Switch Location“, then press “OK“
- Double click into the server to open config area (including 2 tabs: Overview and Modules)
- Select “Modules” tab, delete all existing module. save it.
- select “Overview ” tab, select “Use Tomcat installation”, save it.
- Browse the link http://localhost:8080/ again
Now the error has gone away.
Happy Tomcating !